What is drug rehab, and what can it do for you or your loved one? Drug rehab is a process of medical and psychological treatment for dependence on psychoactive substances such as alcohol, prescription Rx drugs, and street drugs such as cocaine, heroin, or amphetamines. The goal of drug rehab is to enable the patient to stop using the substance and avoid relapse or return to drug use after a period of abstinence.
How to know if you need drug rehab in Phoenix, AZ?
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, it’s important to know that you are not alone. There are many resources available in AZ to help you through this difficult time. Here are some signals that you may need drug rehab:
- You have tried to quit using drugs but have been unsuccessful
- You continue to use drugs despite negative consequences in your life such as job loss, financial problems, or relationship difficulties
- Your drug use is causing problems at home, work, or school
- You are using drugs more frequently or in larger amounts than you had previously
- You spend a lot of time obtaining and using drugs
- You have developed tolerance to the effects of the drugs and need larger amounts to get the same effect
- You have withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop using drugs
- You continue to use drugs despite knowing that it is causing physical or psychological harm
If you are struggling with addiction, there is help available. Don’t hesitate to reach out for support.
What happens during drug rehab?
The first step in drug rehab is usually detoxification, or detox, which is a period of time when the body clears itself of the drugs or alcohol. This can be an uncomfortable process, and some people may experience withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, sweating, shaking, and anxiety. For this reason, it is important to detox under the care of medical professionals who can provide support and medication if necessary.
The signs and symptoms of addiction can vary depending on the person and the substance they are addicted to. However, there are some common signs and symptoms that may indicate that someone is struggling with addiction:
- Changes in appearance: Addicts may neglect their personal hygiene or let their physical appearance go.
- Changes in behavior: Addicts may become more secretive, isolate themselves from friends and family, or lie about their activities.
- Changes in mood: Addicts may seem more irritable, anxious, or depressed than usual.
- Changes in sleep patterns: Addicts may either sleep more or less than usual. They may also have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Changes in eating habits: Addicts may lose weight due to decreased appetite or forget to eat altogether.
How to choose the right drug rehab in Phoenix, AZ for you or your loved one
There are many factors to consider when choosing a drug rehab program. It’s important to find a program that is tailored to the specific needs of the addict, and that will address any underlying psychological issues that may be contributing to the addiction. The following are some things to look for when choosing a drug rehab program:
Accreditation: Make sure the program is accredited by a reputable organization such as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Licensing: Make sure the program is licensed by the state in which it is located.
Staff credentials: Ask about the qualifications of the staff members who will be working with you or your loved one.
Program structure: Find out what the program’s daily schedule looks like and what types of activities are included.
Treatment methods: Ask about the treatment methods that will be used in the program. Make sure that they are evidence-based and have been proven to be effective in treating addiction.
Aftercare planning: Ask about the program’s aftercare plans and whether they offer any follow-up support after you or your loved one completes the program.
Cost: Inquire about the cost of the program and whether it is covered by insurance.
Choosing the right drug rehab program can be a daunting task, but it’s important to remember that you are not alone. There are many resources available to help you make the best decision for you or your loved one.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, please reach out for help. There are many resources available to assist you in finding the right treatment program. The most important thing to remember is that addiction is a treatable disease, and recovery is possible with the right drug rehab in Phoenix, AZ.